Σάββατο 12 Δεκεμβρίου 2009
Matcha Ginger Tea
With crushed ice, lime and ginger
* 1 tsp matcha powder
* 2 T fresh ginger, chopped or grated*
* 1/2 cup ice
* juice of 1/2 lime
* honey (optional)
Blend ice, matcha and ginger together at high speed until ice is crushed. Pour immediately into a chilled glass. Add lime juice and honey to taste.
* Don't have a blender? Use grated ginger and a martini shaker with ice-cubes for a ginger tea on the rocks. No electricity required.
TIPS and Know-How
* Temperature matters. Heat brings out the bitter flavors in matcha. Ice will bring out the sweetness and the rich creamy mouth feel unique to matcha.
* Use best quality water and iced-cubes available.
* Use KEIKO Bio matcha
* Drink up immediately. Matcha tea does not technically dissolve but rather suspends in liquid. After a while, the tea will float to the bottom and your beverage will separate.
Special thanks to www.matchasource.com