Σάββατο 12 Δεκεμβρίου 2009
- a pot
- bamboo skewers
- a spoon
- a strainer
- 1 cup Shiratamako Sweet rice flour (you should be able to get this at an asian food store or a supermarket, no substitute.)
- 1/2 cup water
- water to fill the pot
- Anko or soysauce.
1. Put the water into the pot and start it boiling.
2. Combine the water with the sweet rice flour. (It's best if you combine it slowly) You should get a dough that isn't too soft and is well combined. (sort of like hard bread dough)
3. Roll it into small balls
4. If the water is boiling let the balls of dango in gently with a spoon.
5. Boil them long enough for them to float and then cook them for about a minute more.
6. Put them on a bamboo skewer. About three to four each. Then serve with soysauce and sugar and/or sweet bean paste.